Cozumel is the ideal place to shop if silver catches your fancy! In fact, Cozumel shoppers can wile away an entire afternoon just exploring the jewelry shops along Avenida Rafeal Melgar.
In addition to its silver mines, Cozumel offers a selection of t-shirt shops, boutiques selling pricy resort wear, folk art, leather goods, native crafts and richly colored textiles. Black coral jewelry is also a very popular shopping good in Cozumel, even though black coral is endangered and illegal to sell.
Cozumel's shopping districts – chalked full of shopping delights:
- The craft markets in downtown Cozumel.
- Cozumel's cruise ship terminal is south of downtown and littered with colorful stalls and merchants ready to barter.
- The string of Cozumel's shopping options along the downtown's waterfront.
- Melgar Road, Cozumel's main oceanfront road, is lined with duty-free shops, international and local designer shops and boutiques and there are some fantastic restaurants.
- Cozumel's Municipal Market is bustling with locals and tourists alike – the shopping area is located five blocks from the harbor.
If shopping in Mexico is your bag, try the other Mexico shopping pages like: Acapulco Shopping, Cabo San Lucas Shopping, Cancun Shopping, Guadalajara Shopping, Mexico City Shopping and Puerto Vallarta Shopping. Don't miss our Top 5 Things to Buy in Mexico list.